36 Hours In LA


In a foggy and somewhat disoriented state, I wake up to my iPhone buzzing on the night stand to my right. Having only caught about 2 hours of sleep the night before, there was no fighting it, I had to get on the road. 20min later I'm packed, showered and backing out of my driveway just before 2am. SF to LA here we go.

The initial goal was to make it to Laguna hills where I was meeting β€Ž@ocauto for a photo shoot at 9am. The subject, a Supercharged Porsche 997 Carrera 4S.

An hour or so later I'm headed back up to LA fighting through traffic for a few work meetings. Once done with work for the day I found myself in the Art District syncing back up with β€Ž@ocauto for a drink and dinner.

After a quick beer at Eat Drink Americano, we decided to hit up this place called Wurstkuche around the corner, who has crazy good sausages! Rattle snake and Rabbit, yum!

A few beers later we stumble across an arcade bar called "EIGHTTWO". This wasn't supposed to be our final destination but were quickly sucked in with Off Road, Street Fighter II, NBA Jam, and a whole room of pinball machines. Street Fighter was were the real classic arcade battles were taking place. It's been a while since I've seen quarters stacked on the glass screen waiting for next play. Good times!

As the night wore on, close to 1am, I still hadn't figured out were I was going to sleep. About an hour later and a pit stop at Denny's, I found myself in a dive motel off Hollywood Blvd. Not sure why or how but I always end up in Hollywood. A real treat ;) The Chinese version of the Bates Motel πŸ”ͺπŸ”«

Luckily I was only there for a few hours before setting off on Saturday to take some street photos.

πŸ’ˆThe Barber Chuck πŸ’ˆ

I was killing time walking around the historic downtown area of LA while waiting for an event that β€Ž@artchang of β€Ž@Priime was putting on before headed back to SF. After the event we all headed to the Walt Disney Concert Hall for some shots just before dark.

I snagged a couple good shots, had some nice conversations and was back on the road to SF. With heavy rain, lightning, a few accidents, a short nap and 960 miles later, I made it back at 6:30am Sunday morning. Now here I am, half asleep but still editing photos and sharing this story. Good times with good people...and good night!

Shot with Leica Q and iPhone 6 +

Photo. Video. Adventure. Let's go outside.